Search This Blog

Thursday 10 February 2011

Interview Day!

Yup, today's the day!  Have my interview at We Love To Boogie this afternoon at 4pm but I'm just getting ready to leave the house cause I'm coffee (oh, and cake!) with MM at Kemball & Jones, first.  Yums.

So I'm wearing my new black top that I got from Byres Rd Oxfam, my H! by Henry Holland black skirt, pearls, turban, red patent shoes, blue bag and, because it's such a lovely sunny day, my lovely sunny yellow jacket.  Awesome.

If there's any way to ruin the feeling of glamour, though, it's sure to be the stinky 44 bus that I'll have to get all the up there.  I could get the train then the subway, but really the bus is quicker.  Also, now that I think about it, I doubt the underground is much nicer than the bus anyway!  Must take a book to get me through the 20 min side-street-hell that is the Cathcart leg of the 44 route.  Tiny riverside streets, with cars parked on both sides, and a trundling bus trying to get round the tight corners, only to come face to face with another bus going the opposite way.  Then begins the reversing back round the corner to let the other bus through, and then... we start all over again.  It's a killer.

Annoyingly I've just started a great book (The Help, by Kathryn Stockett) but my version is paperback but hard back-size - and weight!  Might have to take something smaller just to stick in my handbag.  My mum's old Agatha Christie novels are great for that, they're light as a feather!

Right, time to go.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment