Search This Blog

Tuesday 8 February 2011

"Half a pound of tuppeny rice...

...Half a pound of treacle/That's the way the money goes/POP! goes the weasel."

Remember that nursery rhyme? 

Today I was meeting KM for A Play, A Pie and A Pint at Oran Mor, and last night when I couldn't sleep I was trying to decide on what to wear.  Then, as I flipped through the pages of Glamour, I hit on the fashion/style section which was devoted to colour pop, and the decision was made.  I'm not sure what the difference between Colour Blocking, and Colour POPping is and, to be perfectly honest, I suspect it might be a bit like the ASBO and the new CBO (but shhhhhhhh!  I'm really just a ASBO with a new name!).

I deleted the good photo by accident,
this one will have to do, sans hairband.
Anyway, I suddenly remembered my canary yellow mini-dress (or is it a long t-shirt?), dug out three cardis, in various shades of the same colour (!), my jewel-blue headband, and fretted over what shoes to wear.  Ballet flats?  But my black ones have a hole in the sole and need repaired.  Gold ones? But that would detract from the zing of the dress.  Wellies?  Too clumpy, and what if it's not raining?

Then, like a bolt from the blue it hit me: my brogues, of course!  Hurray for brogues, and patent ones at that.  So my colour-tastic, style bonanza slotted together and I've had a spring in my step all day long.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment