Search This Blog

Thursday 24 February 2011

Good Morning, Baltimore!

Working again today, 12 - 6, which is good cause it'll give me an extra 2 hours (I was meant to be at 2) to make up for the 4 I lost at the last min on Monday.

There's a list of things to do today, so I might get fired into them straight away (well, after a coffee, of course) and get them out of the way.  I think HM is popping in today to get some wool and knitting needles for the Sit and Knit A Bit thing.  Remember folks, it's not too late, you can still do a square and send it in!

Haven't really woken up yet and don't know what I'm talking about!  But I just read an email from EW saying she going to come over and read my blog and I realised I haven't posted anything for a couple of days, so I thought I'd better come up with something!

We were round saying bye to MM last night, which was pretty sad. She's away to London for the day today, and then back on Sunday to start more treatment.  It's always hard seeing her go, and last night was no exception.  She's still being so strong and brave but it must be getting harder and harder for her.  Hopefully after this last round of treatment things will settle down more.  All positive thoughts will be gratefully received...

If I've time today I'm going to try on the dress from work (safely stashed in the back so no evil customer can get it) and if it fits and it's not uber long then I'll just buy it for Lyn's wedding in June.  Then all I have to think about is getting out to Valencia for a week beforehand to get a good ole beach-flavoured tan!  Any excuse to get back out there... I've been slowly but steadily convincing KM to come with me, and the flights I've seen so far are fairly cheap.  Plus we'd be crashing at Party Central, LT's flat, which is must cheaper than hotels etc.  Even though we might end up spending the same amount of money on Cosmo ingredients.   Money well spent, no doubt about it!

I haven't even opened my curtains yet but it sounds like it's raining outside.  In terms of usage vs. money paid for them, the purple wellies I bought in my first week after I moved back from Spain ('ARGH! Rain! I forgot about this stuff...waterproof shoes, macs, brollies, aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!') have been a total winner.  I just take my tiny fold-up shoes in my bag to wear at work and wear the wellies to get in.  Nothing worse than working all day with soggy socks and trews.

Right better go and get showered, today feels like  day for a hairband in order to avoid washing my hair.  You gotta love those days...

Oh yeah, seeing as today is officially Beer Thursday, if anyone fancies a pint about 6pm tonight in the west end or town, give me a shout!  Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment