Search This Blog

Friday 25 February 2011

Biscuits, And Other Adventures In Baking.

Glasgow Feminist Network meeting tomorrow (Glasgow Women's Library, 2pm, go! If you can.) and I agreed to make some cakes and biscuits to take.  Any excuse to break out the rolling pin and strapping on my apron!  So, I found a new recipe for easy biscuits, and decided to make 2 or 3 batches.  One of cinnamon flavour, one of ginger, and maybe one of almond, too.  Then I thought I'd make my ole favourite, the big Cherry Bakewell.  I've made that one a few times now and it's always a hit. 

Really looking forward to the meeting, I hope it goes well!  I'm waiting for the first batch (cinnamon) of biscuits to cool out of the oven so I can test one and make sure they're tasty before I start the next ones.  You've got  be so careful with biscuits cause if you leave them in for a minute or two too long they go rock solid.  Soft and chewy is what we're after!  I even bought different coloured icing pens so I can decorate them according to their flavour!

I'll do another wee post later to let you know how they turned out.  Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment