Search This Blog

Wednesday 12 January 2011

Sometimes having a Blackberry isn't all it's cracked up to be

...like when you switch it on in the morning and an email pops through to tell you've been turned down for yet another job.  Harsh words to hear before you've even got out of bed in the morning.  Still have the Woman Kind job form but today is the day!   Yes, I have gone over it again, made some changes, and I think it's finally ready to be sent off.  It feels a bit like being at uni - if you ever miraculously managed to finish an essay before the deadline, you were still too scared to hand it in early in case you wanted to change anything again!  But today my horoscope says:

"It’s a great day to sell whatever it is you have on offer, so get your ideas out into the collective. Communicate. You'll be pleased with the responses you get."



...which I am taking to mean my job application.  It's so true that you can read anything you want into a horoscope but don't rain on my parade, please!

I really, really, want this job but I've started bracing myself for another rejection letter. But no! Must keep up the positive thinking...

Anyway.  Off to see MM today and I cannot wait!  Also looking forward to seeing FD, who is soon to be running away to the Isle of Man for 6 weeks!  Ahh, we're all getting so far flung these days, although now that I'm back from Spain, this is the closest we've all been since uni. 

Better go and get ready now, will just finish my 2nd cup of coffee (starting to feel human by this stage) and have another obsessive glance over that bloody job form, which I'll soon be able to recite by heart!

Have a nice day, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment