Search This Blog

Saturday 11 June 2011

Red Wine Head

Last night was Feminist Film Night - really just a night every once in a while where a few of sit round and get pissed and watch a film with women as the main character.  There's a test - and, annoyingly, I can't remember what it's called - to try and find films that have two women as the main characters, but who're not be talking about men or their problems with men.  Can you think of any?  It's actually surprisingly hard when you really think about it.

Anyhoo, last night we watched Girl With A Dragon Tattoo, which I've been wanting to watch for aaaages, and it didn't disappoint.  I loved the books (along with just about everyone else in the world) but I thought the film adaptation was really well done and didn't really leave any loose ends, though maybe it helps to have read all three books before you see the first film.  Also, the horrible rape scene was bad but not as bad as I was expecting.  So it was all good!

The only thing that's not good is my sore head this morning.  Stupid wine.  I do love red wine though.  And, it's good for your heart, or something, right?

No plans for today then, I was hoping to go out for lunch with some amigas but looks like it's not happening now.  Bums.  The rain is back... call this a summer??

I'm dying to get away out to Italy to visit the wondrous ED who's out there just now.  He's in Naples now, which is somewhere I've always wanted to go, though by all accounts it's a bit of a dump where you're more likely to get mugged than not.  In the end though, I think I'll see him when he goes back to Sicily in July some time.  If I can get cheap flights!  Also, by then my friend V will be back in Italy, so maybe I can visit her, too.  She's from Rome and is moving back at the end of the week.  Sad times.

She introduced me to the film Despicable Me the other day, and I actually love it!  It's in the same vein as Finding Nemo, Ice Age, etc.  A kids' film but really for adults!  If you haven't seen it, I highly suggest you watch it, especially on a hangover day. 

It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!!
(Go and watch it, then you'll see.)

No comments:

Post a Comment