Search This Blog

Wednesday 22 June 2011

Dear Weather, I don't know if anyone told you but...

...It is summer!

This means several things:

1.  I would like to wake up in the morning and not have to check the sky for clouds.
2.  I would like to be able to pull on my planned outfit, without thinking that I'll have to replan around a pair of wellies.
3.  I would like to be able to wear my lovely red cardigan for everyone to see, instead of hiding it under a coat to go out.
4.  I would like cut-off trews and ballerinas or sandals to be the perfect day-time outfit.
5.  I would like not to have to wear socks or tights.
6.  I would like my every-day accessory to be a sun-hat, not a Rain Mate.
7.  I would like to worry about getting burned rather than getting frostbite if I go out in a sun dress.

It would also be nice if my wee seedlings could come out and be dried off by a bit of sun after being drenched with rain since they were planted.  And if I could rejoice in my new sandals instead of wondering if I'll be able to wear them again before next summer. 

I'm not asking for belting sun and extreme temperatures; I'm happy to wear a scarf if it's a tad windy, as long as there's sun and no rain! 

In exchange for this, I will put up with your storms and ice, snow and slush, when it comes to winter, without too much of a moan. I'll buy new wellies, dig out my furry Russian hat, and wear gloves at all times.  I'll even make the best of it and build a snow-man if we get inundated with flurries again this year.  But, fair is fair, a bit of sun in summer-time isn't too much to ask - you could take some from Spain or Italy, they have more than enough to share.

Thanks Weather, I'm glad we've reached an understanding... I'll get my sun-hat ready for tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment