Search This Blog

Monday 14 February 2011

In Yo' Face!

 Tried out my new foundation tonight before meeting ED in the town for a bit of dinner, and I love it.  It's Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation, and it's everything I want in a foundation! 

I'm a huge fan of Lisa Eldridge and her make-up videos, and she recommended this foundation and concealer.  I've had the concealer for a few months, and was quite pleased with it, and yesterday I went out and bought the matching foundation.  I think the Dermablend stuff used to be a bit of a niche market and was used for covering scar tissue, etc, but now they've teamed up with Vichy and created this makeup line which is affordable (£14.50 for the concealer; £18 for the stick foundation) and gives amazing coverage.  If you're prone to bad outbreaks, like me, this could be your new best friend.

You only need a tiny amount (and I mean tiny - I think I used more toothpaste to brush my teeth, than foundation to cover my whole face), it blends well and still manges to give a sheer 'no make-up' look.  In fact, one of the things it advertises is great coverage without a mask effect, and I am happy to say that it's true!

Anyhoo, working tomo so I should hit the hay now.  Had a very nice dinner with ED... we went to Wagamama and I had lime, chili and coriander curried rice with prawns, and some duck gyoza, which is my all time fave.  Then we had a few drinks and taxied it home.  Hampden taxis are so much better than black wcabs, fyi, about a third of the price, quick to show up, and they send you a text with the taxi's license plate and car colour before it arrives, so you know you 're not getting into anything dodgy!

Right.  Wash face, then bed. Sweet dreams, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment